Saturday, December 6, 2008

Play Like A Champion Today

Like most people, I was shocked when Notre Dame announced that Chaz Weis would return next year to lead 'College Football in America U.' It seems to me like Golden-Domer apologists have been saying for 2-3 years that once he gets his own recruits in the system, they'll take off and be a perennial contender, but for whatever reason, it hasn't happened. For my money, it's because he can't coach and ND has been overrated for 15 years now, but what do I know?

Anyway, for all my dislike for Notre Dame, there is one redeeming quality that any football fan must respect.

Intramural Takle Football!!

If I'm not mistaken, ACU toyed with this idea for about five minutes in November of 2002. I think it was the overwhelming odds of one horrific injury after another that persuaded the higher-ups not to go through with it.

On the bright side, if we did have intramural takle football, Austin Henley couldn't have falsely called Shane Spencer down in the Rec League playoffs on a crucial two-point conversion, costing this guy (points thumbs toward himself) a shot at the 2004 championship. And no, I'm not still bitter, Austin. I'm just sayin.

1 comment:

Austin said...

I never missed a call. I'm the Ed Hochuli of ACU Intramural officials, without the screw-ups of course.