Wednesday, June 18, 2008

King Me

Once again, channeling my inner Peter King for ten things I think I think...

10) Now wouldn't be a good time to bust out the 'who's the bigger faker, Tiger or Paul Pierce?' joke. In fact, let's just pretend I never even brought it up.

9) Speaking of Pierce, for all the attention KG got this year, is there any doubt who the best Celtic is? I mean good grief. Three-four is an animal, and was by far the best player in that series (I'm looking at you, Kobe)


8) Say what you want about how great Phil Jackson is, but these are the facts:
-He's never won a championship without Michael Jordan or Shaq O'Neal on the squad.
-He did, however, lose a Finals with Kobe Bryant AND Shaq on his team.
-He can't see eye to eye with (arguably) the best player on Planet Earth.
-His bench players, supposedly the best and deepest in the League, just got embarrassed by Eddie House, James Posey, and PJ Brown, who at this point may or may not be an AARP member.
-He's never ever ever taken a lousy team and made them good.
-He constantly leaves his teams in worse shape than they were before he got there (I know a lot of that is on the front office in Chicago and LA, but still)
-Perhaps the most troubling fact of all: He is a combined 3-8 his last two Finals appearances (both of which his Laker teams were favored to win), losing to the likes of Larry Brown and Doc Rivers. Oh yeah, in 2004 he had the TWO best players in the series (Shaq and Kobe) playing for him, and had the best player in the series this year (Kobe). Of course, that was before we knew The Truth.

7) I think I'm ready to purchase my very own first set of golf clubs. I dropped by Play it Again Sports the other day, and noticed that they had incredible prices on used bags and clubs. For those of you who have seen my golf game-if you want to call it that-know that I'm terrribbbblle at it, but a set of clubs is something every guy should own, and let's face it, I won't get better if I don't play more often (at least that's what I keep telling myself)

6) I think the College World Series just isn't the same without the Horns in it. It's been three years since they made it to Omaha, and I just can't get into the tourney if the aren't there. Let's go, Augie, I miss the CWS.

5) I think teaching summer school will be verrry interesting, to say the least. It begins Monday, and as of now, I only have one student registered for the class I'm teaching. One student doesn't seem so bad, but for four hours every day? I dunno, folks.

4) I think Lost is incredible. I know I'm speaking to the choir here, but Kayla and I are knocking out at least two episodes a day on DVD, and honestly, I'm having dreams about it. I dream that I'm on the island, working in the hatch, and doing stranded beach stuff that the rest of the cast does. Everything that is, except going deep into the jungle just for the heck of it. I mean, really, have you seen how these crazy fools you know, KILL people?!!? Consider me content with staying safe in the hatch, taking showers, eating real food, only emerging during the afternoon to go bodysurfing for a few hours. Anyway, we're about a quarter through season 2 and should finish it and season three by the end of the month.

3) I think I'll either be getting another Chuck Klosterman book (finished IV yesterday. Very very entertaining) or a John Krakauer book for my next reading. Suggestions as always, are welcome.

2) Kevin Garnett is crazy. No really, he's cuh-rrraaaa-zzzzzeeeeee.

1) One more video, just cuz. I think you'll like it.



-Twig

No comments: