Sunday, June 1, 2008

Confession Time

I write this on a Sunday morning: as I got ready to go to church, I felt a burden that had been weighing on me for quite a while. It is time for me to make a confession. Even though I'm not Catholic, I feel this is the right time to do the right thing.

Last December, I did a Top-Ten (or so) list of my favorite college football uniforms. This two part list was something I had a lot of fun putting together. I have a deep affinity for all things uniform-related, but I'm afraid I let bias and some questionable judgment get in the way of putting together a quality list. Although I did put a little bit of thought and time into doing this list, I didn't think it through or plan it out well enough, and frankly you, the reader, are the one who has suffered most from my lackluster effort. For that, I sincerely apologize.

For every one's sake, (or anyone who cares) here's the real list of my top-ten most favoritest all-time college football uniforms. And yes, it actually has bugged me for six months now:

10. USC Trojans
9. Ohio State Buckeyes*
8. Georgia Bulldogs
7. Florida State Seminoles
6. LSU Tigers
5. Penn State Nittany Lions
4. Alabama Crimson Tide
3. Michigan Wolverines
2. Texas Longhorns
1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Whew, that feels much better, glad to get that issue straightened out.

Also, I realize I'm a week late with this, but last Saturday, May 24th, I attended the Houston Astros game, along with J. Thomas Scott, and my old roomate Garrett. I won't get into too much detail about the game, since it's been 8 days since it took place, but I will say this: the ending was the coolest way to end a baseball game I've ever seen, live or on TV. Yes, that includes the walk-off home-run. There, I said it.

-Twig

*I realize that Ohio State went from the worst list to the best list, but truth is, I do like their look; I did like it a little more a few years ago, before the shoulder-stripe change, but that's just being picky.

No comments: