Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hook 'em Tech

If you've known me for more than five minutes, you know that I'm a big (huge, ginormous, avid) fan of the UT Longhorns. Also, if you've known me for more that ten minutes, you know that, as of this week, I'm officially a Texas Tech Red Raider. This, as you can imagine, is a bit of a conundrum for me, especially since TTU already has the 'Beat Texas' T-Shirts prominently displayed in the bookstore. In an effort to clear the air about my loyalty, let me say this: I've been a UT fan since I can remember. I've gone to countless Longhorn football (and basketball) games, and will always be a Horn supporter. At the same time, if there's any other team in the Big XII that I can halfway stand, its Tech. That being said, of the 12 regular season games the Raiders play, I'll be rooting for them to win 11 of those matches.

Also, even though I'm not a huge Tech fan, I must say, it is pretty cool going to a big school at a time that the football team has great expectations, both in conference and nationally. I know that my good friend, Justin Scott feels the same way, after attending Baylor after graduating from ACU. (Wait, what's that? JScott goes to Baylor NOW? Bummer, I thought he went there in 1974? No? Oh, anyway...)

Beyond the 'lifelong loyalty VS where tuition money goes' debate, the important thing is this: college football is upon us, ladies and gentlemen. Rejoice and be glad.

No comments: