Sunday, August 3, 2008

I've Got More Records Than The KGB

A few weeks ago, University of Florida head football coach Urban Meyer made the bold statement that his QB, Tim Tebow is the greatest player of this era.

Nevermind the fact that he's not even the best quarterback in the country*, he definitely isn't the best player of an era. Regardless of this atrocity, my uncle (the avid Arkansas fan/SEC braggart) and I (avid UT fan) got into a heated debate about why Tebow isn't the best of an era, and why I think VY is. Obviously, I'm more than a bit biased on why I believe VY to be the best of this era, but the fact is, rather you like Young or not, he is among a group of at least four others who have played college football in the last four years who are/were better than Tebow. For those who care, here is my very unscientific ranking of the 6 best college football players since 2000:

1. Vince Young



2. Reggie Bush



3. Darren McFadden



4. Adrian Peterson



5. Tim Tebow



6. Matt Leinart


Say what you want about Tebow, I'm certainly not trying to make him sound like a bum or anything here, but anyone who claims that he's the greatest college football player of an era is clearly way off-base. That, or they're giving the 'Tebow for Heisman' campaign a bit of a head start, right Coach?
Also, even if you disagree with my rankings or my thoughts on specific players, what really matters is this: We're talking about college football again, and the season is just around the corner.
-Twig
*As much as I hate to say it, Sam Bradford, Graham Harrell and Chase Daniel may have something to say about this. I a'int sayin...I'm just sayin.

No comments: