Sunday, July 27, 2008

Going Through The Big D, And Don't Mean Divorce

I woke up Friday morning with a text message on my phone from my good friend, Brandon Maenius. Now, I don't care who you are or where you're from, any time you get a text that says, '*Come to Dallas and I'll feed you pancakes and wingstop' You, my friend, go to Dallas.

After consulting the wife (She was throwing a shower for her engaged sister and was happy to see me hit the road), I headed to Belton to pick up...wait for it...JIG!! After that quick stop, we headed up I-35, getting to Big D just in time for dinner.

After demolishing a pizza dinner, we proceeded to play Rock Band until about 4 in the morning, and I'm not gonna lie, Second Hand Beer Noodle is not only an awesome band name, it's a pretty fair sounding band as well. Saturday afternoon played out like Friday night, with us taking the group global, and gaining fans by the boatload.

However, Saturday night we did something that was quite honestly, nothing short of phenomenal. I'm not sure how to accurately explain it, but I will say this: If you ever get a chance to play Top Golf-DO IT!

Is it a driving range? Is it a video game? Is it a combonation of bowling, darts and golf? Yes it is, and so much more. I won't ruin it for you, but trust me, it's a worth-while experience. Also, if anyone is interested in opening up a new Top Golf in the Houston, Austin or San Antonio areas, give any of the six gentlemen in the picture below a call, we're already interested.


We may not look very smart, but overall it's not a bad group of guys to spend a weekend playing video games with. (Picture taken December 2006)

*And yes, I did eat pancakes and Wing Stop before making it back to the Sug

No comments: