Sunday, February 15, 2009

Pitchers And Catchers, Due To Report


Well, we've past the Valentine's Day landmark, meaning that Spring Training is about to begin! Woo-Hoo! In attempt to get all you tens of Ranger fans fired up for the 2009 season, read this article from si.com. I will now string myself upside down by my toenails.

In related Texas sporting news, Kevin Durant the absolute truth, FNL continues to impress (even though Saracen is sort of a crybaby. Man up, dude), and I hate UT's new Field Turf.

2 comments:

Austin said...

About 5 years ago I came to the realization that within 20 years every stadium (high school, college and pro) will be outfitted with field turf. While obviously not as bad as AstroTurf, I still prefer the real deal. It's the slow extinction of Bermuda 419.

lance said...

You're absolutely right, Austin. For some wacky reason, I thought DKR was immune to this disturbing trend, yet I was obviously wrong.

Apparently, they're doing it because the grass gets so torn up by the end of the season, that it's like playing in a mud pit (see, aTm game, the 2008). However, I say to that, "You're the University of Texas!!! You have, like, a $1 Billion Athletics budget!! Hire a better sod/grass company!"

As you can tell, it may take me longer to get over this than the Tech game. And I'm still working on that one.