Tuesday, May 26, 2009

So Amazing

As promised, a semi-relevant post of thoughts and observations after a two-week whirlwind tour of Hawaii and Texas:

I love watching college baseball. The College World Series is one of my favorite televised sporting events. Unfortunately, for unknown reasons, the CWS is basically the only way a fan can watch college baseball. That being said, I was obviously happy to see the tape-delayed airing of UT's victory over Mizzou in the Championship game, and see them get the number one overall seed. Hope to see you in Omaha, Horns.

After two mostly sub-standard rounds, the Conference Finals have been superb. The play everyone will remember-if Cleveland comes back to win the series, that is-is Bron's game winner in game two. I'll especially remember it, because I was watching the game in a, umm, restaurant that shows a lot of sports games on the eve of my 25th birthday. The TV me and my buddies were watching was a regular, non-HD television, while the rest of the patrons watched on fancy, HDTV's on the other side of the establishment. For those of you who don't know, HDTV has about a three-second delay over non-HD's. Anyway, this came in handy, as we were able to effectively spoil the outcome before everyone else, as we began yelling, screaming, and generally raising a muck before everyone else saw the result. That was fun.

Update from the Scripps National Spelling Bee: A kid who thinks Denver will beat Cleveland in the Finals and admits that his sister is a better speller than him just spelled acmonital. Impressive.

Next favorite part of game two: Talking about how The Shot will soon become one of those cool "Amazing" commercials, and about seven minutes later seeing this. Cue the chillbumps.

If only the Rangers could get some pitching, they may be a decent team. Wait, what?

My not-so-bold NBA Finals prediction: Lakers over Magic in 6. Kobe gets his, and LeBron gets out (In one more year, that is)

Update number two from the Spelling Bee: Erin Andrews just interviewed the 13-year favorite. In the least surprising turn of events ever, he sounded like he had never talked to a girl. Ever.

Wish list for future books, in case you feel generous and want to mail me something, you know, just because: No Angel, House To House, The Book of Basketball, The Narcissism Epidemic, and Blink.

Second To Lastly...just check this out:


Lastly, and this is just an observation. I don't want this to turn into a political blog or discussion, but I had to bring this up. I saw this video the other day on TV. It's of the Prez going to a small, mom and pop type burger joint in Virginia, apparently in an attempt to show everyone that he's just a regular guy, like you and me.



Not to get all Hannity on everyone, but a basic cheddar cheeseburger, medium well? A request for spicy Dijon mustard? For all the talk of how Obama is the nation's first 'cool' president, he sure can come across like a gigantic nerd. Yeah, I said it.

No comments: