Thursday, November 13, 2008

Longhorn Basketball 2009, And Other Stuffs

It's a big weekend in the LBK, as I'll be attending my first Gay wedding Saturday, and have a lot of peeps coming in for it. I do, however have a couple articles to link y'all up to. The first should get any Texas Longhorn basketball fan (I'm looking at you, Halbert) extremely fired up for the 2009-10 basketball season-major props to Rick Barnes and his recruting prowess. The second is a mailbag from one of my favorite writers, SI.com's Stewart Mandel. He's great at what he does, but his answer to the first question in the column is a bit disconcerting if you love UT football.

A preview of UT basketball next year.

Mandel breaks it down.

4 comments:

Prosso said...

LOVED Bradley's dunk. The best athletes always have some "I'm going to make this guy think about joining the chess club" plays. Love the swagger.

Prosso said...

Also, as a Longhorn, who do I yell for on Saturday night? One one hand, I think Tech is really good and could beat any SEC team. I would like to see the championship go to the state of Texas.

On the other hand, I hate Tech fans. Also, we might somehow have a chance for the big show if OK wins, right?

I'm leaning towards cheering for Tech because they're from TX and I'd like Crabtree to get the Heisman. (Total player, selfless, plays hurt, insane catch beat the #1 team, etc.) What do I do?

Also, are there any sober people in LBK?

lance said...

thanks for the input Halbert.

I'm pretty torn about the 0u/Tech matchup. IF (and it's a very big if) Texas could stay in front of
0u in the BCS standings if the sooners beat tech and osu, then i'm for them. However, that's pretty unlikely, so i'm probably going to end up rooting for tech to win, becuase yes, they are from Texas, and Crabtree is the whole truth and nothing but.

In a perfect world, Tech loses to ou AND baylor, UT holds the tiebreaker w/ 0u, beats mizzou, and then crushes bama/UF in miami.

However, I'll probably end up pulling for Tech as crappy a situation as that is.

lance said...

Also, it may be possible for UT to go to Miami IF (another big if) Tech or oklahoma drop the big XII game to mizzou.
In that senario, it would most likely come down to UT or USC to play the SEC champ for the national title.
See, doesn't the BCS make sooo much more sense than a playoff?