Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Goodbye Football, forget me not...

Let me start by saying that I hate that the Giants won the Super Bowl.

I couldn't be more happy that the Giants won the Super Bowl. I don't want to talk about the actual game that much, or even that much about the Giants. I want to focus on what this means for the New England Patriots, Bill Bellichecheck (sp?), and their legacy. I said this many years ago, and had been standing by it all year long, that no team would go undefeated in the NFL. I'll be honest, I thought I was going to be wrong on Sunday and I spent most of the game thinking that this was the moment that the Patriots were going to take hold of the game and seal the perfect season, but that never happened. I hate Bill Bellyshrek. Not that I was surprised that he left the field earlier, but, shesh, that guy is highly unlikable. I could not have constructed a better way for that guy to get his. To be so friggin arrogrant all year, win every game, and to constantly remind everyone that the only thing he cares about is to win the Super Bowl, I can't even imagine what type of mental torture he is going through right now. To know, he was 2:00 minutes away from becoming the "Best Team Ever" with the "Best Coach Ever", this doesn't even register as a DeLeveler.... it is way way worse. I thought the Cowboys season was a waste after a 13-3 season, but this is way way worse. Everyone in New England, the media, and junior highs across the country has to view this season as a failure. Which sounds ridiculous because they only lost ONE game, but this has to be the WORST one loss season in history. (and I love it). They can't even be included in the conversation of "Best Ever" anything because they choked with the biggest oppurtunity in their professional lives one the line. My favorite moment was when Seau saw that Plax had made that last second grab in the endzone, and fell to his knees and then his face, and didn't move for sometime. 18 years, no championships, and to be that close, I bet he hasn't sleep since that moment, or he hasn't awaken yet. For as much as I hated these two teams, it was a highly entertaining Super Bowl. Strahan even said the hardest team they played in the playoffs was the Cowboys. Shesh, what might have been. I know a few months from now, I will have to face the fact that the Giants won the Super Bowl, but for now, I can enjoy the fact the Patriots lost it.

P.S. Tomorrow TheJigandTwig will be attending the USA vs. Mexico soccer game in Houston! Stay tuned for full coverage. If your attending the game, tell them J.A.T. sent you and you will recieve one taco from Taco Cabana.

2 comments:

Justin said...

I think "Bellyshrek" actually is the correct spelling. Well done, good sir.

I'm looking forward to the U.S.A.-Mexico commentary.

Mayor Girod said...

It is the 68th min and the game is still locked up at 2-2. Thank you for supporting America and for helping to secure our borders.


P.S.
Bring me back an Altidore jersey. Ill trade ya for 40% off any sony product thru my dell discount. Holla