Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Where's my mind....

I have been trying to think of a solid post for days now. Seriously, it has been days and I cant drum up enough desire or interest on a particular subject. My mind keeps bouncing around from subject to subject, but I cant put enough together to actually waste your time with it too. So, I thought I might let you in on where I stand on everything that is going on in my mind in sports right now. Twig has been keeping above the water line for a week and its a bout time I threw him an inflatable bone....



-The Congressional Oversight Committee should look into something other than sports. I have a few subjects for recommendation. The abuse by private contractors in Iraq, the gross price inflation of gas by all the oil companies, the misuse of funds spent in Katrina relief.... what say you all my future lawyers?



-I hope Barry Bonds goes to Japan. That would be halirious.



-The NBA is pretty boring until the playoffs. I have been trying to get into them, with all the trades in all, but still, not doing a lot for me.



-I cant believe NASCAR has fans. I believe most of them live in Texas. I went to eat Saturday night, looking forward to watching the Memphis-Tenn. game that was on ESPN. However, I spent my entire dinner watching highlights from the Oreo 350, or the Tide 700, I dont know what it was, but they wouldn't even change the channel when I asked.



-Colin Cowherd sucks. I have to travel on a weekly basis all over our great state. Any time I am on I-35 in the Metroplex area between the hours of 9-11 a.m., I listen to this guy on 103.3. If this guy uses the "dramatic pause to emphasize my point" any more, they'll have to give him another hour to fill the dead air. Don't tell him I'm talking crap, cause if he finds out, he will have his (idiot) loyal listeners flood our site to crash the server.... consider the feud on Herd.



-I like the Zach Thomas signing for the Boys. I don't have much loyalty to Akin Ayododdle Doo, so it doesn't bother me that he will probably start for him and I think it should help the weak side.



Ok, one week later, I have found my post that was deleted. I will now update my thoughts on this week.

-Colin Cowherd is still horrible.

-I think Brett Favre must have died. Even ESPN thinks that he might be getting just a little bit too much attention. He's probably going to play next year anyway.

-Minus the draft, the Cowboys are going to look really similar next year. I thought we might make one big move in free agency, but I guess that big move was resigning Flo. I guess it isn't all bad.

-I might be excited about the start of baseball. That will fade.

-I can't wait for the Patriots to lose 6 games next year. You heard it here first.

-The Michael Irvin show on ESPN radio is awesome. I love it.

O.K., I feel good. It feels good to be back. I'm sorry its been so long. Watch out world, JAT is back on track. Austin, please, as a faithful follower, let us know, what do you want to see, and we will make it happen. I can't believe Texas chose Hillary.

Republican Jig.

2 comments:

Austin said...

Glad to have you back. I know it can be tough to come up with ground-breaking hot sports opinions, but just let us know what you think about anything or something that happened to you that was funny or made you happy/mad.

For instance, I park in a parking garage at school. I've done so for nearly 3 years now. However, nothing makes me more angry than idiots going into/out of or driving in the garage. Since I have a pass I can get into the garage from the gate in about 1.5 seconds. However, some people sit there at the gate for what feels like minutes (although it's probably only 30 seconds or so) and can't figure out how to get in. This makes me angry. The worst though is when people drive 5 MPH in the garage. Now I know the posted speed limit is like 10 or 15, but you should be going 25 at a minimum most of the time. This is especially troublesome this semester as I get there around noon and the garage is packed and you can only find a spot at the top level and people go so slow thinking they're actually going to find a spot before then.

Ok, rant over.

On to some of your topics:

I don't care what the House Oversight Committee talks about. I think sports is probably a waste of time, but seeing Clemens and McNamee have a showdown like that was pretty entertaining.

Bonds should be picked up by a MLB team, period. If he isn't then all 30 GM's should be fired because he's still a productive player, if for no other reason than the fear he creates and IBB's he draws.

I agree on the NBA, it's hard for me to watch a non-Mavs game until the playoffs.

I disagree on NASCAR. These first few weeks of the season when there's nothing else on a Sunday late afternoon on TV, Cas and I have actually turned it to NASCAR and left it on. It's not that we're actually watching the whole race or are even into it. For some reason we can't turn the channel. I don't know what to tell you. I'm not a fan or anything, but I definitely don't hate it.

Cowherd is the worst (question: if you could never hear either one again, which would you choose: Cowherd or Rome?), Zach Thomas is too old, and Favre will be back by August. Also, I watched the entire Yankees/Twins spring training game this afternoon. It was great to just have it on and casually watch it. I'm glad to have baseball back, but it is probably my favorite sport to follow. Also, I'll be headed to Florida next week for some spring training action.

That'll do for the first comment longer than the post it's for in this site's history.

Justin said...

I'm pretty sure the signature to this post should say "Marty McFly" Jig because I'm pretty sure you engaged in a bit of time-traveling to make this entry.

Colin Cowherd, Jim Rome, and Woody Paige may top the list of people that I wouldn't mind see becoming involved in a rare, uncurable disease that causes people to lose their voices. Well, and also die horrible deaths.

Yes, I dislike them that much.