Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I Think...

In honor of JAT's first post of the month, I'm going to do my impression of Sports Illustrated's Peter King, and post my version of "Ten Things I Think I Think..."

I Think:
1) That Monday night's overtime Championship game saved what was, until that point, a very mediocre Tournament.

2) John Calipari would be a great used-car salesman. ("No, no, don't worry about the squeaky breaks, I promise, they'll work when you really need them. For real, this thing's a beauty.")

3) It would be awesome if the Rangers continued this lose-win-lose-win-lose streak. Everyone knows they aren't making the playoffs, so it would be fantastic if they finish the year at 81-81 by alternating wins and losses all season. Of course, now that I've jinxed them, they'll go on a ten game losing streak and be mathematically eliminated by my birthday. (Bonus points for anyone who knows when that is.)

4) This years NFL Draft should be fantastic. There really isn't anyone who's guaranteed to go anywhere, so it oughta be pretty entertaining to see how it all shakes out.

5) The Cowboys should trade for both Pacman and Ocho Cinco. Why not?

6) Slip-and-slide Bingo, or whatever you want to call it, is the wave of the future. I demand that it be included in the Summer Olympics by 2024. Or at least shown on ESPN 7 Tuesday nights at 10:30.

7) That if Kayla and I end up going to Tech for grad school next year, it's gonna very weird rooting for the Raiders. I like them just fine, and with the exception of when they play UT, I'll do my darndest to cheer for them, but still, gosh.

8) That DJ Augustin may actually stay in school. If I were him, I'd be declaring for sure. However, he isn't in the situation where he has to provide for his family, and he seems to be a pretty good student, and if he does come back, the Horns would be on the short list of Tourney favorites. If I were to bet, I'd say he's gone, but you never know...

9) The NBA Champion will come from the East. I want the Spurs to win, and I'm aware that approximately 9 of the 12 best teams in the League reside in the West, but after the way they're going to beat up on each other in the playoffs, I don't know if they'll have enough to beat the winner of the Detroit/Boston winner. (Let's face it, if the Pistons and Celtics don't face each other in the East Finals, everyone will be shocked.)

10) If the Seattle/OKC Sonics get the number one pick in the draft, they should select DRose from Memphis. Think about that young nucleus-KD, Jeff Green, and Rose--yikes. In a few years, they could be yet another team in the very very deep West.

That's all I've got, stay tuned for more mindless predictions and thoughts that don't really mean anything. This is Twig, signing off.

2 comments:

Justin said...

If you were truly channeling Peter King with this post, couldn't we at least have had some kind of statement about PK's bizarre, and geniunely creepy, man-crush on the recently retired Brett "He's Just Having Fun Out There" Favre?

Luke Reeves said...

Slip-and-slide Bingo (aka Tyrannomopoly) would be a terrific addition to the Olympic agenda. However, let's not push it to peak too soon. The Beijing Games are headed down the poop chute and I don't want people to associate our fabulous game with that sinking ship. You're right; the 2024 Abilene Games might just be the perfect place.