Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's Like a Rusty Steak Knife Cutting Through a Well-Aged...Steak

In order to get things poppin' a little more around here, I'm gonna start posting a 'link-of-the-day.' (Or every other day, whatever works)

For today, we have a link that has do with everyones favorite Boston Sportswriter, Bill Simmons. It seems that he was going to have Barack on his podcast, the "BS Report," but ESPN nixed it at the last minute. The article isn't really super interesting, but as is the case with all articles on Deadspin, some of the comments are hi-lareeeeus, so feel free to immediately scroll down to the comments section. My favorite is from the user UkraineNotWeak. Read and enjoy...

http://deadspin.com/380323/espn-nixes-bill-simmons+barack-obama-podcast

P.S.-The pic of BO holding the Heisman is in the UT football facilities. Who says that Austin is a liberal city? Psshaww.

-Twig

2 comments:

Austin said...

I was bummed to hear that Obama wouldn't be on the podcast since I was interested to hear what Simmons would ask. However, I just saw the Obama interview on Real Sports and it was basically them talking to him about basketball and race and I fear Simmons would just bring more of the same.

Also, for some reason I really like listening to the BS Report even though I'm not a huge Simmons fan anymore. I even listened to the whole podcast from last week where he talked to Jack-O about some Real World Reunion even though I've only seen about 3 episodes of the Real World ever. It's a pretty good show.

Justin said...

Simmons is an Obama fan for a few reasons:

(1)Obama's basketball affinity
(2)Obama has stated that he was a regular viewer of HBO's "The Wire"
(3)Obama is/was a closet smoker, which Simmons is/was.

If ESPN has equal time concerns, I cannot imagine that Hillary or McCain would even know who Simmons is. Although the thought of Simmons talking to a sitting New York senator about the Giants and the Yanks is a tempting possibility.