Friday, April 25, 2008

Time To Stop Being Polite, and Start Getting Real

Yesterday for dinner, Kayla and I went to Freebirds to grab a burrito with Garrett and Michelle Oakley. (For the record, that may have been Kayla's last trip to Freebirds, but that's another story.)
As is the case when the four of us go out, Kayla and Michelle started gabbing about whatever it is they gab about, and me and Goak break off into our own conversation, which usually centers around fantasy sports, college, and how we're ready for summer.

Last night our discussion turned toward the new season of MTV's 'Real World' series. This year, the 21st (I think) season of RW, finds the crew living/making out/bickering/fighting with each other in the City of Angels, Los Angeles Hollywood, Callyfornyuh. As is the case with pretty much every season, most of the guys are tools, the girls are airheads, at least one roomate doesn't seem too happy to be there, a minumum of two roomates are/were severe alcoholics, and before the second episode has concluded, there's a pair in the house that's hooked up and professed their deep love for another housemate that they've known for less than 48 hours. Grrrreat TV.

As trashy of a show as it is, and even though I'm getting too old to watch something so very childish and more than likely losing brain cells in the process, you better believe it's on the TiVo schedule and that I'm watching every Wednesday at 10/9 Central. All of mine and Garrett's RW talk got me to thinking...'There are so many unlikeable Real World characters, out of 21 seasons and approximately 150 housmates over the years, how many do I actually like? If I could make my own personal Real World All-Star team, who would be on it?' Hmm... Without further ado, I give you the Twig Real World All-Stars!

The Guys
1) Teck, RW Hawaii- This fool was craaazzzy. I don't remember a ton about him except that he was a black dude with blond hair, and that he never exhibited the alpha-male jerkness that 96% of the guys on the show do. Also, he has had a mildly successful acting career after the show, holding a spot in Van Wilder and appearing on Friends a few episodes.

2) Ace, RW Paris- I don't actually remember much from his time on the Real World. However, I've seen him a few times on various RW/Road Rules Challenges, and he seems like fairly chill dude, one of those four percent of guys who isn't a complete you-know-what. Plus, his name is Ace, come on.

3) Randy, RW San Diego- One of the most likeabe characters on my personal favorite season. His Wickipedia page describes him as "A single man, he is said to be easygoing and able to make friends and female admirers easily." Umm, alright.

4) Isaac/Cohutta, RW Sydney- These guys go as one, since they were one the same season, and were the Sydney cast's only redeeming housmates. Both have a hilarious, very dry sense of humor, and they didn't take themselves or their situation very seriosly, which is unique to the show.


The Girls
1) Cameron, RW San Diego- When watching this season, I thought she was great because she was one of very few RW girls who was attractive and likeable. It seems like most Real World girls are either pretty and complete "meanies" (for lack of a better term) or airheads, or not-so-cute but cool and decent to be around. However, when looking her up on Wicki I found this tidbit that slightly changed my high opinion of her: She has had an on-and-off boyfriend for a year, but says that he is merely a "trophy". Oh well, at least she seemed cool on the show.

2) Coral, RW New York-Crazy chick. Picked here because of her prowess in the RW/RR Challenges. As of today, she's appeared in SIX Challenges (!?!!?) which has to be a record.

3) Trichelle, RW Las Vegas- World Class bimbo who parlayed her RW experience into various other reality shows, including the first season of VH1's Surreal Life, and E!'s Kill Reality. Of all her accomplishments, however, she'll probably always be known for being the first Real Worlder to have a pregnancy scare while filming the show! Fortunately for humanity, she wasn't, so that's good for everyone. Honestly, this shows you how slim the pickings are for the girls on this show. It's a strectch to put any of these chics on the list, but you got to work with what you're given, ya know?


So there you have it. I'll be wracking my brain the rest of the day trying to think of any other people I wouldn't mind spending four months in a house with, although I highly doubt I'm missing any quality characters. Please chime in with opinions if I'm omitting a deserving roomate.

-Twig

5 comments:

Michael Martin said...

You can use pictures from the profile pages at their booking agency for The Real World Cast at the MM Agency.

lance said...

Umm, thanks. I think

Michael Martin said...

No problem, I came across your page so I was just reaching out to see if you needed some pics.

Also you cant trust always what Wikipedia states since its not concrete fact thats listed there.

Cameran is engaged currently to Jeremy Bloom not simply with him as his/her trophy - if thats the on and off again boyfriend referred to.

Please let me know any of the cast members you want to directly contact for questions/interviews.

,Michael Martin
MM Agency

Justin said...

Lance, if this Michael Martin fellow can actually get you an interview with formal "Real World" cast members, I have three things to say about that:

1. Agree immediately.
2. I'm invited.
3. Invite Simmons and JackO.

Justin said...

Former, not "formal", moron.