Wednesday, October 1, 2008

FNL And Other Fun Stuff

It's the start of the new season for many television shows, and as such, I feel it's my duty to plug Friday Night Lights. Due to bad ratings (but honesly, who's gonna watch a show that airs at 9pm on Fridays?) the season will first air on DirecTV, and come to NBC in February. Regardless, if you have't watched any of it, rent the first two seasons, or watch them online at nbc.com, get ready for season three in February, and thank me later. In order to whet your appetite, here's the FNL Site. Be sure to check the espisodes, as well as the interviews with some of the actors as they show their favorite Austin spots. My favorite is the one where Tim Riggins and Lyla Garrity go to the Hula Hut, which is where Kayla and I ate last year, while Bethany went out on a boat and lost Kayla's glasses. Fun memories.

Other things to read or watch if you don't have class until 4:30:

For those of you who are members of Facebook, read and enjoy this wildly entertaining list of the most annoying people on Facebook.

Say what you want about Penn State-I'm not crazy about them, either-but scroll to the bottom of this page, and watch the video from their 'white-out' game this past Saturday. Great stuff, and it's hard not to get pumped up for that. Also, the video after the PSU one is pretty funny, too.

Ali G, what else can you say? Hilarious:

"No disrespect, but you's Canadian, so you don't even speak English, so shout out."

(Update at 3:08pm)
Came across 'lil Wayne's blog on espn.com. Fantastic. My favorite part may be the last line, where it states that "Lil Wayne is a commercially successful rap artist and major sports fan." I don't know why, that just made me smile.

2 comments:

Prosso said...

Lil Wayne says that Brett Favre knows God's phone number. Is this true?

Also, can you compare and contrast Jig + Twig with Lil Wayne's blog?

If I lived in Dylan I would be in the counselor's office every day. God bless Tammy Taylor.

lance said...

Here here Joseph, well said. Actually, I came across Wayne's blog after you commented so I slapped it up right quick.

Not sure if Favre has God's phone number, somehow I think that if he did, he wouldn't have thrown the game-losing INT in last years NFC Championship game, but what do I know?

Here's hoping that someday we'll either see a Lil Wayne/Favre colabo rap song, of a Favre/Lil Wayne Wranglers "Real. Comfortable. Jeans." Commercial