Monday, June 22, 2009

Mark Wahlberg's Wearin A Hat


I've mentioned before how much I loved Michael Lewis' The Blind Side. Apparently, I'm not the only one (duh, it was a national bestseller) because Sony pictures is in the process of making a movie version of Michael Oher's life, since apparently the 22 year old hasn't already had enough rich white people documenting/profiting from his life.


It's not that I won't see the movie, on the contrary, I hope it does the book justice and opens a lot of eyes to the public education system in America. However, I've got to admit to feeling a little queasy about all this, especially given the fact that EmpireOnline described the movie as a 'comedy-drama.' Ummm...comedy? Oh boy.


Maybe if they waited until Oher's NFL career was over, or at least he establishes himself apart from the Tuohy family. Right now, again, it just seems a little too much, too soon with too many people looking to make a buck off Oher's uniqe story.

2 comments:

Justin said...

Here's the pitch:

Large, black man-child is adopted by rich, white, suburban family...and comedy ensues.

lance said...

Sounds great. Like a bizzaro 'The Jerk.'

I dunno. I dunno.