Monday, June 8, 2009

Just Kidding


Got 'em!! Man, that was funny. Y'all thought I was leaving JAT to start a new blog! HAHA boy, if only you could have seen the look on y'alls faces!!

Actually, the move will happen, I've just been a little preoccupied with school and haven't given a new blog much thought. Hold your horses, the move will happen eventually.

In response to RDAD's post about Honduras fans outnumbering the USA fans approximately 4 to 1 a few nights ago: Not surprised. That really is my only response. In Houston last year, the Jig and I witnessed this firsthand, but being outnumbered 4 to 1 then would have been a positively even-feeling crowd, as it seemed more like 7 to 1 that night in Mammoth Reliant.

In any event, I thought ESPN did a great job of focusing on the contingent, however small, of US fans during the telecast. Watching it from home, I would have guessed that the Americans outnumbered the Honduras fans pretty comfortably, but I guess not. It's sorta how the Superdome has different colored seats, so that no matter how bad the Saints stink, it will always look like there's a sellout crowd on TV. True story.

In other news:

After the debacle in New York last Tuesday, I was too happy that the Rangers put Vicente Padilla on waivers. After his performance in Boston yesterday, I'm glad that no one claimed him.

A great joke about Padilla, courtesy of Deadspin:
"Hey Vicente, can you say your last name three times fast for me?"
"Padilla, Padilla, Padilla."
"THAT'S ALL FOLKS!"
That absolutely kills me.

1 comment:

Justin said...

You're trying to get people to believe that a little monkey business might go on in the Big Easy?

I was with you until that point, but after that you lost all credibility with me.