Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Doctor, Doctor I Must Have Gotten This Sick Somehow


I got this text from Kayla today: 'Ur not going to believe what i just did! I had a dislocated shoulder blade and she put it back into socket!'

This, in response to me asking how her visit to a physical therapist went this morning. Dislocated shoulder. That explains the trouble she's had breathing and sleeping. Huh.

In other mind-boggling news about separated shoulders, I read this article about Pete Rose's infamous takeout of Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game. Apparently, Fosse played for 7 years after the collision-even being named to the 1971 All-Star team-yet we're always reminded of how Rose ended his career with the play at the plate at Riverfront Stadium, even though his career ended in 1977 after he broke his neck while attempting to break up a locker room fight. Bizzare.

No comments: