Friday, May 16, 2008

The Twig Has Been Wrecked

Well, it's official ladies and germs...The Twig has been accepted to graduate school in the fine city of Lubbock, Texas to study sports management at THE Texas Tech University.

Kayla is going to be in grad school for speech pathology while I'm doing my grad work, so for the next two years or so, we'll be livin on love and not much else. Somehow, someway God will get us through it, so while we're both a bit nervous about the move, we're also excited and confident that it will work for the best. Thanks to those of you who have been praying for us in this decision; it has been a bit of a stressful spring, as we have been anxiously waiting word from both Hardin-Simmons and Tech to see where we'd end up, but we're happy to finally know where we're going and somehow we'll figure the rest out as we go.

Anyone who has known me for more than two or three hours is aware of how big of a Texas Longhorn fan I am. Don't worry fellow Horns, this move won't at all change my preference for UT, but I am pretty excited about going to a D-1 (or bowl subdivision, whatever they call it these days) school that is so passionate about their sports teams. I expect it to be a far cry from the decided apathy directed toward ACU sports. After Texas, Tech is probably my second-favorite Big XII school anyway, so for the exception of the UT/Tech games, I won't have a problem rooting for the Raiders. Plus, they have some of the best football unis in the NCAA. I didn't include them in my top ten a few months ago, because of how often they change/update them, but in my opinion, it's hard to make the black/red combo look bad, no matter how hard you may try.

That'll do it for now, I look forward to blogging live from United Spirit Arena, and Jones AT&T stadium in the fall. Peace out fools.

Wreck 'em (never thought I'd say that),
Twig

1 comment: