Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bangarang, Peter


Update from last post: For the betterment of everyone's eyes, it looks like the Rangers have scrapped their two-toned batting helmets for good.

Spring Break started yesterday, so after getting home from a weekend of fun and fellowship in the Metroplex, it's back to sittin around in Lubbock waiting for something (other than school) to do. While I wait, a few thoughts from FNL:

I despise JD McCoy's dad so much, I actually had a dream about him. He shot me in the leg with a poison dart. For real.

I think I finally figured out why it seems like Riggins and Tyra have been in high school for so long: They're following the little-known 'six year' rule, which states, among other things, that if you miss obscene amounts of school for little things like trips to Mexico or New York with a pal, or if you follow an abusive cowboy around the state to watch him gamble his earnings away, it's cool. Just hang around as long as it takes to obtain the required credits, and the fine folks at Dillion High will get you graduated. Because really, it's not like they would be going anywhere anyway.

Who else was disappointed that one of the interviewer's questions to Scholar Athlete Landry Clarke wasn't, "So, you murdered a guy last year, dumped him in a river and got off scot-free. How'd you pull that one off?"

I wish I could have seen the transporter that Saracen's mom and grandmother used to get to the stadium. Honestly, was it just me, or did they see Matt enter the game, get excited, decide to go, and show up before the ball was snapped? Sure, it could have been another play by the time they got there, but the announcer was still talking about how crazy it was that Saracen was in at receiver. Maybe they just live right across the street from the stadium. Of course, that would make Matt needing a ride to school pointless, but that has happened at various points in the series.

As great as this episode was, it was the first one in at least a month that didn't make Kayla cry at one point or another. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of the Titan at Six Flags over Texas.






Current Reading:

1 comment:

Justin said...

Lancelot,

Let me know how you like "The Lost City of Z". I think there's a "South American adventure" gap in the book collection that I need to fill.