Friday, March 27, 2009

I've Got A Little Bit Of Time For Killing With Me

1987. The gift that keeps on giving.

The staff of JAT would like to extend Happy Birthday wishes to Reid Andrew Agan, Twig's younger brother. He's spending his 22nd in the Big Easy. It's not as crazy (I hope) as it sounds, he's allegedly in town for a marketing convention or something like that. Apparently he saw a presentation by someone within the Miami Heat organization, and was pretty impressed.
Needless to say, if he gets a job with an NBA team before I do, words can't describe the level of pissed I'll be. Not that I wouldn't be proud of him or anything, just remember, he's the guy who read Animorphs for three hours straight in the fall of 1997 when we had front-row seats to a Spurs-Rockets tilt in SA. That game was awesome. The Spurs won, and Chuck Barkley got ejected for punting the ball into the stands. Also, the Rockets were staying at our hotel, so I got to pat Clyde Drexler on the shoulder and tell him good luck (even though I rooted for the other team. HAAHAHAHAHAH) as he left for the game. That makes Drexler the second most famous person's shoulder I've patted.
The winner of that category would be Peyton Manning. The setting: A few months later, in December, at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock, Arkansas. Uncle Jim got us tickets to the Arkansas-Tennessee game, and our tickets were right by the visiting locker rooms. At the time, I thought I just touched a future Heisman Trophy winner, but alas, it was not to be. Anyway, all that to say Happy Birthday, Brother.




No comments: