Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Can you start with a summary: Yes.

There is a lot of pressure that goes into a first post. I have been thinking about it now for 20 maybe 30 minutes. Then it hit me. Being the end of the year, I thought it would be a good time to look back on the year point out a few things I loved about the last year, and maybe a few that I didn't like so much. So, can you start your sports empire with a summary, I'll tell you at the end of the article. First, my favs...

1. Dallas Cowboys current season: This is easily the most fun I've had being a Cowboys fan. I believe we are seeing a future HOFmer in my boy Tony, and if Skip Bayless calls him Romeo one more time, I wont do anything about it, but I still think that guy needs to shut up. (I might say hell later on in the blog, but its too early for this issue)

2. Barry Bonds indicment: I hate that one of the msot important records in sports history is held by a total fraud, tool, jerk, take your pick. I think he probably did take steriods, but even if he didn't, I think I might like him even less. Imagine a guy being innocent and still acting the total jerk he is.

3. Fantasy Football: This may be kinda lame for yall who have been playin for a decade, but this was the first year, me and my boys got a league, it was fantastic. I am 11-3, if your calling my fanhood into question.

4. USA vs. Guetamela: I got to go to the men's national team game against Guetamela this spring. It was by far the best sporting event I have ever attended, and it ended in a 0-0 draw. I one point I thought I might faint during a US scoring chance.

5. Great Texas Rangers tickets: Unfortuneatly, I was born in Texas, meaning my baseball team is one the worst in MLB history. The reason this makes the list is, this particular game, I was close enough to let the team know how I really felt about the last 8 years. One lady said, the reason we dont win is we didn't keep Gagne: holy crap.

My Diss
1. Dallas Mavericks loss to Golden State: For as much crap as I like to talk to my Spurs friends, that loss in the playoffs emptied my ammo bag for, I dont know, ever. I do like the Spurs, I know some of you dont know how that could be, but I will be honest, I love Texas more than a lot of my family so, if they can win anything, I will be backing them.

2. The Patriots: I hope they lose. I hope they lose to the Jets and Dolphins. If they lose to both, I'll do anything Twig says, seriously. I hate them. I just say Tom Brady in a Stetson commercial, and I wish that horse would have jumped in the car and stomped on that precious right throwing arm. I generally like Boston sports, but if Bill Bellycheck chokes on his own hoodie, theres one Cowboy fan who wont blink an eye. I love you Dungy.

3. The BSC: I dont want to beat a dead horse, but this system sucks. There are at least 8 teams that can claim a right to play for the championship, and two are, again, holy crap.

4. The Texas Rangers: They just signed Milton Bradley, which I believe he is better known for his board games, than baseball. Why has no one ever made that joke before?

5. Pink singing the Sunday Night Football Theme: Shesh, was Nickleback busy?

Well, what you see is what you get: one down, an empire to go.

No comments: