Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Worst of the Worst

And now, for the final four worse uniforms in all of college football:
4) West Virginia Mountaineers (Mustard Yellow edition): Look, navy blue and yellow is a good combo, but if it ain't broke, don't break it. WVU broke a good thing when they decided to wear these hideous creations that only Nike could conjure up. It's no coincidence that they botched a chance at a national championship when they wore these on the last game of the season and lost to Pittsburgh. Don't look good, don't play good.


3) Oregon State Beavers: Who designed these things, Brandi Chastain? (ba-dum-cha! Thank you thank you, I'll be here all night!) Don't get it? They look like a sports bra. The sad thing is, these aren't even the worst unis in the fine state of Oregon.

Ahh, Brandi. First she ispired young girls to take up soccer. Now she inspires college athletes to dress like young girls taking up soccer.

2) Syracuse Orangemen: Let's see, our mascot is the 'Orangemen,' whatever that is, hmm...how's bout we put lots of random navy strips on our uniforms, and change the pants/jersey combo every week. That'll catch on right? Right?



1) Oregon Ducks: Really, was there any other choice? Not a lot to comment about, so I'll just put up this disturbing collage of the Ducks in action. Don't adjust your monitor, these are the actual colors they wear. I promise.

Is it a blessing or a curse that the founder of Nike is a UO alum. I'm going with the latter.
*Also receiving votes: Central Florida, Wyoming, Texas A&M (As my dad says, "There's just no way to make maroon look good."), South Florida, Rice, Lousiville, UConn.
Well, that's all folks, hope y'all enjoyed my version of the best and worst uniforms that college football has to offer, as seen by me. I may have eternally damaged my relationship with my father-in-law, a native of the Buckeye state, for including Michigan on the best list and Ohio State on the worst list, but hey, I reckon it's a risk you've gotta take in this cut-throat bloggosphere world. Feel free to chime in with any opinions on who I may have left off, I'm sure there are many deserving unis that should be reckognized for being awful.
Merry Christmas Eve-Eve,
Twig

No comments: