Thursday, December 27, 2007

Fantastic Disappointment...

L.T., Joseph Addia, Terrell Owens. Defeated by Kurt Warner, Brandon Jacobs, Deion Branch, and then to have the opposing owner call you to rub it in how he out foxed you in the semi final round of your fantasy playoffs. I am still not ok. Right now, I am somewhere between The Facial and The Deleveler. Going into the playoffs, I was the number 1 seed, with an 11-3 record, and now, for the second year in a row, I am going home a game short of the championship after steam rolling the competition all season long.

So, my questions is, where do I go from here? It doesn't seem like the right thing to do is right an entire blog post about my opponent, just to make me feel better... but being the bigger man is rarely the option most appealing to me, so here it goes....

I take comfort in the fact that we are in a Keeper League. If you dont know, that means, at the end of each season you can elect a certain number of players to remain on your team for next year. You build a team throughout, instead of drafting from a clean plate each year, and I just signed L.T. to a life time contract. So, H Town Heros, you might win our league this year, you might just be the champ, so we can I say to you, finishing at best 3rd place? Well, I take the stance of my boy, Tim Kurkjian. T.K. knows Barry Bonds is going to the HOF, one way or another, its true. Since he cant stop that, the alternative is attaching a story to the person, so that everyone knows, that yes, he is in the HOF, but he was some kind of cheater, and a crappy person at that. We all know that story and it is sure to follow him for as long as his name is mentioned. So, I thought I might do the same thing:

H Town Heros:
-Did you see the Colorado Rockies win like 50 games in a row this year to get into the World Series, I did. Most people called that one of the most amazing end of year, playoff runs in the history of baseball. I called it luck. Someone tell Holiday he hasn't touched the plate yet. It's similar to your run through our playoffs. Lucky.
-Remember when you drafted a bunch of Raiders and Cardinals because they have good offenses, that was dumb. Save this link, because next, that free advice that I so willingly gave, such as, "Dude, seriously, Lamont Jordan can not be your #1 running back", wont be there.
-If you win the championship, and I mean if, you will be remember like the Tampa Bay Lighting when they won the cup in 2004. I'm talking about hockey and the Stanley Cup, there, I second my point. Suppose you don't win, that just means you will have the second to last pick in the draft with nothing to show for it. Yes you can use you keeper tag for A.D., your boy, but who are you going to put the second one.... Kurt Warner, I dare you, the Patriots defense, I hope, maybe you can just ask people to lend you players again for one week, thats tight.
- May you be remembered along side the great Boston Pilgrims of 1903, hailed so often as the team who, well, who are they, what sport did they play, exactly.

Maybe I'm overreacting, suppose I am. Blame that on my competitive streak. Suppose congrats is in order and I am being selfish. Well, just in case, congrats, but at the end of the day, I can lay my head down at night and get a good nights sleep cause I don't have any cats, and you have 2.

-jig

No comments: