Saturday, December 22, 2007

The not-top 10 College Football Uniforms-As Seen By the Twig

A'ight fools, last week I gave y'all my ten or so favorite uniforms of college football. Today, I'll begin my list of my ten or so least favorite unis. Again, this list is totally subjective to me and my personal opinions. If you disagree, well, cry me a river. On to the picks, in order of not as bad, to 'da worst. (If you don't think Oregon won't be number one, you're crazy)




10) Ohio State Buckeyes: I know I'll get raked over the coals for this one, and honestly, I'm getting really picky on a reason not to like them. Truth is, i LOVE the color scheme, love the plain silver helmets, like the over-size jersey number, and sorta like the helmet decals. The one (very) minor qualm I have with them is the sleeve striping. They changed in 2006 to two small white stripes that are outlined in black. It's minor, yes, and quite picky, but I really really liked the ones pre-'06, where the rocked the thick, triple-silver strip on the sleeve. In fact, had they never changed, they'd find themselves near the top of the favorites list. It's the little things, people.


Current-Booo!


Pre '06-Yeeaaaaah!



9) Miami Hurricanes: Another one that, if it were 2002, I would have put them on the favorite list. However, the U has changed unis about every two years for the past decade, so it's hard to keep up with what they're wearing. My biggest hold-up (get it, 'hold-up'-it's Miami football?!?!) is the half lines that don't quite meet in the back. They've taken the names off the jerseys-good move-but on tv the lines almost look like names, but not quite. Just a confusing, bad jersey design. PS- I love that they haven't changed the helmets. Classic, plain, and very original.


The orange can also be worn for community service.



8) South Carolina Gamecocks: Red and black go together beautifully. Maroon and black do not. Are you reading this, Stanford?



7) Tennessee Volunteers (SEC Championship edition): Usually, I don't have a problem with the Vols look, but come on, if you're gonna call yourself "UT" at least dress yourself with the lights on.





6) Florida Atlantic Owls: Equipment manager:"So, how many stipes should we put on our uniforms?" Trainer: "I dunno, enough to hopefully hypnotize the fans, so the won't actually be watching the game." On the other hand, if there weren't 79 bowl games, I would have no idea what FAU's unis look like. Thank you very much, insighttoiletbowl2000.com bowl!!


"If I stand real still, maybe he won't see me."



5) Clemson: I've got no probs with their orange jersey/white pants look, but, like Tennesee, the all orange has got to go.


"Your uniforms are worse, no yours are worse, no..."

Hope you enjoyed, I'll put up my most least favs tomorrow. Or Monday, who knows.

Peace and Happiness,

Twig

1 comment:

Austin said...

Agree with most of these picks. I also prefer the pre-'06 OSU, but that was a change that didn't hurt my love for their unis. My least favorite on this list is probably anything that Clemson wears. I also hate when they bust out the BRIGHT purple and orange combos. Looking forward to 4-2.