Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Double Ball anyone?

In case you don't know, Double Ball is the game we made up during last year's Super Bowl. It was a ton of fun and we seriously missed 73% of the game because we were so wrapped up in it. I actually wanted to watch last year's game. I don't think I could state my feelings about this year's game any better than my boy Twig did, so I've decided to come up with a few things to make this years game a bit more fun. Come up with your own conclusions, keep score, and we will see who wins:

During the Super Bowl I say there will be:

-At least 2 references to Tony Romo's recent breakup with The Lizard (as so affectionally named by Randy Galloway) , Jessica Simpson.

- 2 Diet Pepsi Commercials featuring John Stamos.

-2 Interceptions, 1 Lost Fumble, by Eli Manning, however he has turned into a franchise quarterback.

-1 surgery on Tom Coughlin's face after frost bite claimed his lower lip and right eye lid. He was ugly to begin with.

-2 Orthodontist commercials featuring Michael Strahan.

-1 Horrible half time show by Tom Petty, Rolling Stones, or Randy Newman. Can't we get a lil, Outfield, perphaps, the Police.

-2 on screen cameos for John Madden.

-Archie Manning wearing a shirt that says, "Peyton is my only son".

-Terry Bradshaw yelling at Howie Long in the pregame.

-Jimmy Johnson saying his face didn't look as bad as Tom Coughlin's last week.

Let's be honest. For anyone who is a Boys' fan, this is probably the last matchup you would want to see. Unless your the Honorable Scotty Hot Spot Scott, who thinks his boy, Tom Brady, not only hung the moon, but probably threw it into orbit first, or Luke Reeves who was raised to like whatever team was cool, Lakers, Yankess, and now, would dump his future girlfriend to see 19-0. Perphaps I am again getting carried away with the excitement of the Texas Rangers Spring Training, but that would be stupid and I am not that.

-Jig

2 comments:

Luke Reeves said...

You forgot Duke basketball. If you can wait 'till 2012 I'll join you on the Rangers bandwagon because that's when they're gonna win the series.

lance said...

Since the game's on FOX (i think), I doubt madden will be on TV, but I'll go ahead and say that Frank Caliendo will be on there doing his Madden impression for a few laughs. The writer's strike has killed his already non-funny show, so at this point, i'm sure he'll do anything for a few bucks.
I predict about 92 Spygate references and a slo-motion montage of Jr. Say-ow crying and hugging the Lombardi trophy after 15 long years of toiling in San Diego and Miami.
I also predict, nay, guarantee, Rod Harrison doing something stupid that will make me want to punch him in the nose.
Finally, I predict some slobber-fest column from The Sports Guy the day after the game explaining how the Pats are the greatest team of all time, etc, etc. shoot me now.