Monday, January 14, 2008

I had to go to work this morning....

I woke up this morning at 5:51, stood up, realized I had a huge crick in my back, decided that my hair wasn't too greasy, so I skipped a shower, and started to get ready for work. The Dallas Cowboys lost yesterday 21-17, and it was an overall horrible experience, but at least they didn't have to go to work today. Yes, last year was bad, but we weren't the #1 seed and we didn't lose to the Giants. This will sting all the way through the draft, mini-camp, and pre-season I fear. Immediately after the game, I was quick to try and point a finger to blame someone for the pain I was feeling, however, after 18 hours or so, I have come up with a hole-heck of all of things that went wrong this weekend and perphaps in the weeks leading up to yesterday's debacule. Funny thing is, if just one or two of these things go according to plan, the Cowboys probably win that game, here is a few things I saw that really bothered me about yesterday:

Tony Romo: Maybe its not fair to start with Tony, but as the quaterback, I feel the need.Tony did not seem like himself yesterday. He made mistakes that I'm not sure that I've seen him make before. There were two times that Tony escaped the Giants rush by getting out of the pocket, but did not throw the ball and took the sack. Both times there were oppertunities to throw the ball away. Then, whilst in the pocket, Tony threw the ball away when the rush came from the outside, which led to an intentional grounding penalty. Tony was obviously flustered in the 4th quarter, which is something that I hadn't seen before. There were a number of passes that sailed high and wide, and I can think of two that should have been intercepted.

O-Line: False start again. Seriously. I know we've done it all year, but come on. It was ridiculous how many poor focus penalties we got. I believe it kinda shows the level of focus the team had coming in. Let it be said. The Giants front four, dominated our line that had been so good all season long.

Recievers: Maybe I should just Pat Crayton. There were two occasions I can think of that would have changed the game if Crayton would shut up and catch a ball. First, in the third quarter on third down, Romo scrabbles outside the pocket, keeps the play alive for longer than it should have been, just to have Crayton drop a ball that hit him square in the hands. Second, and the one I think we have to focus on is third down with under 30 seconds to go when Crayton eases up on a route into the endzone cause he dont think hes gettin the ball. Idiot. If you don't run your routes hard all game long in the playoffs against a bitter rival, when will you? It makes me mad enough to cut him. I was never a star athelete, but I promise you I always tried my best. That's right, I was Mr. Hussle 2002, Winter Sports Banquet, look it up. Idiot.

Defense: I say we cut all secondary and start from scratch. Tell me how Roy Williams impacted the Dallas Cowboys in a positive manner this year? It's tough, and to tell you truth, I'd be fine to see him go. Remember at the begining of the season when the media hailed T-New as a shutdown corner? Yeah, I thought that was stupid too. Ken Hamlin is arguably the best secondary member, and my personal opinion of Ken is nothing special. Heck, I'm sure Darren McFadden can play corner, lets trade up, draft him, and convert him. Sorry, that might be the dumbest thing I've said yet. (except that the Jags would beat the Pats). Please, Please Please, don't let em score a touchdown with 53 seconds left on the clock before halftime, at least, hold em to a field goal, or better yet, do your job and dont let them go 70 yards in under a minute after your offense just held the ball for 10 minutes, thats the game right there folks. Oh yeah, I gotta say, DeMarcus Ware, is the truth, he should play both ways.

Wade: I didn't think he would be fired before yesterday's game, unless the Cowboys played just like that. I am not convinced that he did anything to put these players in the best situation to win. I kinda felt like that all season, but when you win, no big deal. Tell me, why hasn't Barber started all season? America could see it, but Wade couldn't. I don't know what is going to happen to Wade, but I am in no way attached to this jolly, unenthusiastic fella.

Assistant coaches: I don't think it helped focus at all that half the staff as been interviewing for other positions for the last month. The media circus hasn't just been on the players but also where these coaches are going to end up. Maybe it didnt hurt, but it sure didn't help anything. Oh yeah, Jason Garrett, why did we become a running team all of a sudden? I love MB3, but our game all season was spread em out and chunk it. Why change our identity in the playoffs?

All that to say, 13-3 is now just a waste. A failure. Suppose we sqeak out a win yesterday, we would have gotten destroyed by Green Bay next week. This is going to be a longer offseason than last year. I don't even know that the pain will leave with the start of the season, cause we had a pretty terrific regular season, but we still haven't won a playoff game since I was 13. I won't feel better till this playoff monkey is off my back. That's right, it feels personal. Suppose my opinion may change in the next few days or weeks, but right now the wound is so fresh, I'm still pouring Wild Turkey Whiskey in to sanitize, perphaps soon I will move on to actually bandaging this. I loved T.O.'s postgame, hated Romo's, hated Phillips'. I am going camping next weekend, hopefully I will forget about the NFL until July, cause everyone knows sports suck in July.

Rambling and Crying
-Jig

No comments: