Monday, January 7, 2008

What's In A Name?

After reading up a little more about Jamaal Charles leaving UT to go to the NFL, I came across a mention of a redshirt freshman who could see some significant playing time at running back next year alongside Vondrell McGee in Charles' absence. Foswhitt Whitaker, from down round here in Pearland, looks to be an exciting runner who could be the real deal. Well that's all good an all, but I'm not here to boast on a young man's running ability, or talk about how exciting he may be for the next two to four years in Austin. No, I'm here to talk about how fantastic it is that the top running backs for the 2008 Longhorns are named Vondrell and Foswhitt. Well, it's just that-fantastic. I'm not sure about you, but I've noticed a superb trend of extraordinary names that have suited up for the Horns in recent years. Think about it: In the last three years alone, the Longhorns have had a guy named Ramonce, Colt, Limas, JerMichael, Quan, Selvin, Sherrod, Vondrell, and now Foswhitt. Frankly, I couldn't be more happy or more thrilled. This may or may not make you as happy as it did me, but hey, we'll just agree to disagree because I'm tickled about the prospects of a Vondrell, Foswhitt, Colt backfield, with Colt throwing to JerMichael and Quan.

-Just Twig

3 comments:

Justin said...

If only Mack could have recruited the incredibly named Craphonso Thorpe (currently playing with the Colts and a former Seminole).

Foswhitt and Craphonso. I think that's the name of a law firm in Philadelphia.

Austin said...

I guess you can consider your dream of having Colt throw more passes to JerMichael dead, no?

lance said...

yep, spoke to soon. So long JerMichael, good luck in the pros.